Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Spectacularly Easy Tart Cranberry-Orange Sauce

The title says it all. What's more this is a mix it up and do something else recipe. It requires so little effort is is laughable. Just mix, bake, and chill.
This Recipe is going to get a permanent spot on out Thanksgiving table. My mom asked me to make more for the Turkey after I whipped up a batch for my Cranberry Orange Cheesecake! It is that good. My family likes hings a little on the tart side, so if that is not your style, add a bit more sugar.

Recipe (adjusted from My Recipes):

One package (12 oz) fresh Cranberries
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup orange juice
1 tsp grated orange zest (remember if your zesting an orange, just juice it too and use the fresh squeezed)

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350
  2. Rinse berries and pick out any squishy fruit
  3. In a 9 in square baking pan mix all ingredients with spoon
  4. Bake in oven for ~hour. Mixing with spoon every 20 min or so.
  5. Cool and refrigerate
That's it! No endless stirring at the stove top. Just pop it in and out. And I promise, it is worth the oven space. I have been enjoying it on my turkey sandwiches I've been taking to school, and on my cheesecake, and couldn't be more thrilled!


Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I love fresh cranberry sauce! And I love easy! This one sounds like a keeper ; )

    ReplyDelete